Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
|The Relationship Specialist is responsible for resolving the Customer or Vendor’s Servicing or Delinquency opportunities by using effective communication skills. By listening, acknowledging and providing solutions, the relationship specialist protects the customer or vendor relationship and CIT Bank. |
* Performs day-to-day activities that ensure effective account management of collection accounts.
* Communicates via phone conversations, email, fax and letters with customers concerning status of invoice payments.
* Performs reconciliations for accounts to maintain accuracy.
* Interfaces with Sales, Operations and Finance departments to resolve billing, collection and credit issues.
* Establishes strong working relationships with field team to support collections efforts.
* Works with customers in a proactive manner to resolve discrepancies.
* Reconciles account status using current and historical invoicing and payment activity analysis.
* Liaison with cash operations regarding cash application specialist to research and reconciles misapplied or payment issues.
* Resolves all overdue account balances, unassigned cash and payment discrepancies through research, communication and follow
up with clients or field operations.
* Monitors changes in customer financial status and payment patterns.
* Audits and maintains customer accounts to make sure terms are accurate and customer profiles have current information.
|Committed, Smart and Problem Solver|
* Intellectually curious about our business, our clients and focused on finding the best solutions.
* Exceptional communication skills: Verbal and Written.
* Excellent negotiation skills - Sales or Customer Service experience preferred
* Function well independently and in a team orientated environment.
* Comfortable forming strong and lasting relationships with clients over the phone.
* Professional and Energetic when dealing with clients; leaving them with a positive experience/impression of CIT.
* Prioritize work and quickly evaluate a situation to find the best solution for client and CIT.
* Ability to take constructive critique and implement training concepts into your own voice.
Education & Experience:
* BS/BA degree