Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
As a key member of the Human Resources team, the Senior HR Generalist will educate, advise, and guide client groups on issues involving (but not limited to) performance management, employee relations, career development, compensation, recruiting, change management, and employee engagement. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Human Resources.
• Act as an internal consultant to managers and employees on human resource-related issues
• Act as an employee champion and change agent
• Drive strong employee relations and manage investigations as needed.
• Interpret, monitor and analyze HR data and metrics.
• Lead total compensation and reward & recognition processes.
• Coordinate with Recruiting, the business and the HRBP on job postings and offer approvals.
• Manage training requirements and recommend development needs.
• Assist with the review, development, and/or communication of policies and procedures.
• Partner with internal customers to assist in driving process improvement.
• Participate in other projects as assigned
• 10+ years of strong generalist experience in a fast-paced, corporate environment
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
• Financial services/banking experience preferred.
• PHR certification a plus
• Management coaching skills, solid interpersonal skills, ability to problem-solve independently, and apply analytical skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with and engage with all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
• Proven track record in managing HR projects.
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and have bias for taking thoughtful action.
• Creativity, resourcefulness and insight.