Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
Currently available, highly visible opportunity for a dynamic, results driven candidate for the role of Senior Auditor at the headquarters in Livingston, New Jersey. In this important position, the candidate will participate in audits performing a variety of audit activities in the Commercial Banking business segment. The auditor will report to the Business Unit (BU) Audit teams. The successful candidate will:
• Identify areas of risk, and recognizes whether the related controls are operating effectively.
• Communicate professionally with both team members and management regarding audit observations. Work to build productive relationships with clients.
• Organize and plan (including time utilization) effectively and efficiently for self (e.g. daily tasks, assigned areas and special projects).
• Challenge test steps to ensure they are appropriate and effective.
• Deliver quality audit work, identify improvements to the audit processes, and meet the completion timeframes of each audit.
• Commitment to professional development through continuing education.
• Basic knowledge of banking, business units, CIT and applicable industries.
• Applies audit and industry knowledge gained to applicable assignments.
• Demonstrates reliability and dependability.
• Demonstrates appropriate and effective business writing, e.g. e-mail.
• Good interpersonal skills – includes ability to interact with peers and clients with ease and to participate as part of the team.
• Good communication skills. Effective in a variety of presentation settings such as face-to-face and in small groups with peers and In-charge. Effective communication (verbal and written) with the Supervisor, In-charge, and the client regarding audit requests, status, and potential issues identified.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to assess results of audit testing.
Education & Experience
• Undergraduate Degree Accounting, Finance or MIS preferred.
• 2 – 4 Years’ experience, preferably in Banking.
• Certification of CIA, CISA, or CPA is a plus.
• Ability to travel periodically locally and out of state as needed; approximately 10-15% travel required.
• Strong PC skills (Excel and Word).