Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The AVP, Treasury-ALM will be part of the ALM team responsible for data loading and reconciliation into QRM, EaR/EVE modeling, modeling enhancements, strategy analysis, balance sheet simulations, market/peer research, and statistical analysis. The position requires a strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to prioritize multiple functions/use cases for both ALM and Liquidity support. This position will provide IRR subject matter expertise and support various business lines as well as ad-hoc analysis. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to clearly articulate issues, propose potential solutions, and deliver actionable outcomes.
• Source/maintain data in the monthly ALM model used to create monthly forecasts and monthly metric reporting
• Develop and prepare various monthly metric reporting tools used to communicate EVE, EAR, and NFM to senior management in a timely and efficient manner
• Work closely with various lines of business to ensure accuracy of modeling assumptions and potential strategic actions
• Develop tools for data analysis and reporting that assist in improved projections and forecasting of interest income, liquidity cash flows, funds transfer pricing, and NIM
• Develop and produce monthly financial reports for senior management to explain trends and variance analysis
• Develop and/or refine ALM methodologies using analytical tools, historical data and other appropriate information in a manner consistent with market risk modeling while promoting the desired line of business behavior
• Provides statistical analysis for various sub-models in the ALM measurement framework
• 3+ years’ experience in Asset Liability Management
• Advanced degree in math, finance, statistics, econometrics or related experience
• Experience in Treasury, Financial Modeling, and/or Forecasting
• Expertise in QRM, VBA, SQL, Bloomberg, Microsoft office preferred
• Solid verbal and written skills with a strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a team