Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
This position is within the Regulatory, Compliance & Controls team within the Treasury department. Excellent opportunity for a results driven, high-performing individual that enjoys dynamic environments and interacting with various disciplines/departments. This position involves an array of topics including Regulatory Compliance, Internal Controls, Process Re-engineering, Risk Assessments, Policy as well as user access and entitlement rights. In addition to interacting with various disciplines/departments, it also serves as internal/external audit liaison. This position provides supports the Asset Liability Management team in Treasury, manages the regulatory bulletins assessments process for the Treasury department and serves as the relationship manager for Treasury vendors. Additional responsibilities include oversight of risk monitoring activities and coordination of SEC quarterly representations.
Four or mid-tier firm as well as strong financial services experience are a must
• A solid understanding of regulatory compliance and risk analysis are highly desirable
• Strong accounting, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 background and CPA designation highly desirable
• Ability to coordinate issues, findings and recommendations with colleagues in Corporate Treasury and across departments
• Self-motivated, inquisitive, proactive, eager to learn and add value
• Exceptional ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
• Excellent ability to interact with ease with various teams, and levels of management
• Excellent relationship management skills including ability to handle various personalities
• Must be detail oriented with an understanding of materiality
• Must be extremely organized
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills a must.
• Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and manage multiple concurrent deadlines while executing high quality work