Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
CIT Real Estate Finance is currently seeking an Associate - Underwriting.
The Associate will support senior team members by:
• Assisting with portfolio management of loans post origination.
• Providing research and analysis on markets for potential financing opportunities of multi-family, office, retail, industrial, and hotel properties.
• Reviewing property historical operating statements and models future cash flows in Argus and Excel.
• Being responsible for credit risk model and bank return model for each transaction.
• Assisting in completing credit approval memos.
• Assisting in the closing process which includes review of due diligence reports, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Must possess knowledge of financial modeling and real estate valuation; should possess strong Argus and Excel modeling skills
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present risks & mitigants of a transaction
• Must be an experienced professional with 3+ years of experience in commercial real estate finance