Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
Internal Audit Services at CIT is looking for an experienced internal audit professional to join their team on our Regulatory Corporate Compliance Audit team at our headquarters in Livingston, New Jersey. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing internal audit engagements covering Compliance areas (with primary focus on BSA/AML, as well as other Consumer Protection regulations, etc.). The individual would have a highly visible and important role in performing the engagements including evaluating internal controls, performing and documenting audit test work, communicating audit issues to management and identifying and recommending opportunities for more effective and efficient audit processes.
The Audit Manager or AVP's principal duties and responsibilities include:
• Participation in audits within Corporate Compliance and throughout the organization, ensuring all audit work performed in accordance with department and professional standards.
• Demonstrate good knowledge of risks and related impacts for assigned areas, and participate in the development of the audit scope.
• Make an effort to gain management’s acceptance of our value-added services.
• Offer effective solutions to problems, including process improvements.
• Actively seek additional responsibilities and learning opportunities.
• Keeps current on emerging risks related to areas of responsibility.
• Commitment to professional development through continuing education. Pursing a relevant certification is highly encouraged.
• Deliver quality audit work within required completion timeframes of each audit.
• Knowledge of Holding Company /Bank regulations (e.g. Federal Reserve, State, etc.) and the risks and adequate controls. • Experience in and/or knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act/ Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) related regulations.
• Prior work experience auditing a Holding Company / Bank institution and / or working in the regulatory compliance function with a BHC / Bank institution
• Strong analytical, audit planning and organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Highly reliable and dependable. Asks good questions and probes multiple sources for answers
• Ability to ensure Management Action plans are viable and address the root cause of any issues identified
• Demonstrates appropriate and effective business writings, e.g., audit reports and memos
• Strong PC skills (Excel and Word)
• Approximately 10-15% travel required
Education & Certification:
• Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
• 4 - 8+ years audit experience, preferably in the Financial Services sector with Compliance / Regulatory experience
• Professional certification of CPA, CIA, and/or CAMS is a plus