Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
As a key member of the Sales Tax team, responsibilities include working with internal and external customers to resolve sales tax taxability questions and concerns while performing technical analysis. You will be responsible for coordinating, consulting and advising on matters of technical content related to sales tax statutes and rules and the research and development of taxability matrixes. Responsibilities also include the maintenance and accuracy of the CIT taxability matrix based on analysis of proposed and current legislation. Other duties would include: implementing process improvement initiatives, supporting key strategic enterprise-wide projects and initiatives, performing operational risk and SOX control testing, and performing other special projects as directed by the VP or Director of Tax.
This individual will possess the ability to succeed within a team environment and the ability to build internal and external relationships with key stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Responsible for working to provide support to internal and external clients
• Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple competing tasks
• Proven track record in time management and meeting deadlines
• Must be able to work well in a team environment
• Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
• SQL and Microsoft Access knowledge a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Proficient in Thomson Reuters/Checkpoint/Woltes Kluwer/CCH
• A minimum of 5 - 7 years’ work experience with sales tax technical research.
• Candidate should exhibit strong problem solving skills and initiative to resolve issues
• Bachelor’s degree in business related field or relevant experience preferred.
• Demonstrates initiative and confidence
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong computer and work flow process skills
• Self-motivated individual
• Team oriented
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer relations skills