Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
Coordinator, Cash Operations
This position will report to the Supervisors of Disbursement Management, Cash Operations and will support the Disbursement Management team in carrying out the payment management requirements for Cash Operations. The Coordinator is responsible for:
• Reviewing payment requests for accuracy and appropriate approval
• Initiating the payment transactions in banking portals or payment systems
• Performing wire transfer reconciliations and preparing wire activity log
• Processing positive pay and ACH exception review
• Processing remote check deposits
• Performing wire investigations
• Assisting in operational efficiencies projects
The Coordinator will work closely with Retail Branch personnel and various other CIT business units in order to respond quickly and accurately to inquiries regarding wire status, wire investigations and other payment processing questions.
The Coordinator’s responsibilities are expected to grow with the position and eventually advance to role of Wire Releaser.
• Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet daily deadlines
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment
• Ability to review an issue and exhibit sound judgment
• Possess strong work ethic and initiative
• Must have good recall and be detail-oriented and highly accurate
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent data entry skills
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in Outlook and Word
• Must have 1 -2 years wire processing experience
• Prefer 2 - 3 years of prior banking experience
• Prefer College Degree