Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The Recruiter will lead talent acquisition projects for various lines of business within CIT. This dynamic recruiting professional will own the relationship with the client group, set the recruiting strategy, and lead the full lifecycle recruitment for individual contributor and manager level positions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage the recruitment process for the supported organization.
• Lead consultative recruiting planning session with stakeholders to establish expectations, timelines for the recruiting process, and create a desired candidate profile.
• Develop sourcing strategy and establish desired communication protocol with the hiring manager and HR team.
• Active recruitment — effectively executes targeted sourcing via phone and online tools to identify and engage qualified passive candidates at specific companies.
• Passive recruitment – source, evaluate and qualify top talent utilizing CIT applicant tracking system, internet recruiting databases and advertising.
• Lead unique staffing initiatives that include searches for niche skill sets and all levels of recruitment.
• Establish and drive the staffing processes and procedures to ensure alignment with needs of respective functions to ensure recruiting approach is efficient, legally compliant and fiscally responsible.
• Communicate and network with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport and source new candidate leads.
• Continuously network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
• Build strategic relationship with local professional groups and affinity organizations.
• Identify and leverage alternative sourcing methods.
• Develop and utilize tools to manage candidates in pipeline and effectively track candidates collected through various sources to measure effectiveness of sources.
• Maintain and manage a well-developed network of candidates and/or the skills to build the network quickly and comprehensively.
• Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
• Experience in managing all steps in the full life cycle of recruiting.
• Demonstrated success in recruiting one (or more) of the following types of Financial Services and Banking professionals: Accounting, Finance, Audit, Mortgage and Investment Banking employees (front and back office). Experience in recruiting for various IT professionals is also acceptable.
• Outstanding consultative and client management skills when working with hiring managers, functional leaders, and HR teams.
• Highly proficient in the latest word processing, presentation, and data analysis software (e.g. Microsoft Suite, etc.) and Applicant Tracking System (iCIMS)
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong business acumen with superior attention to detail while effectively adapting to changing priorities with flexibility, professionalism and creativity.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
• Robust project management and organizational skills with special attention to building strong networks inside and outside the organization.
• Proven ability to have successfully managed multiple lines of business and a high requisition load.
• Competitive personality and relentless work ethic – a true talent hunter BA/BS degree in HR or Business Administration (or related field experience).
• Minimum of 5 Years of active external recruiting experience in a fast paced, demanding environment
• Corporate Recruiting experience in a Finance, Banking, Mortgage, IT environments preferred.