Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The Customer Complaint Analyst is responsible for managing Executive and Regulatory consumer complaints that are received for OneWest Bank (324) and the Direct Bank (447) while facilitating high level consumer complaints addressed to the Bank’s Board of Directors, Office of the CEO, President, Senior Management of the Consumer Bank, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Better Business Bureau and all State Regulatory Agencies. In addition, the Coordinator will oversee complaints that are received at the branch level. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Collaborate with Corporate Complaint Management Department on all corporate complaint escalations.
• Expedient and consistent response to customer complaints formally, in writing.
• Ensure departmental policies and standard operating procedures are aligned with the Corporate Complaint Management Department and followed as required.
• Interact directly with business unit Subject Matter Experts on escalated complaints to resolve complaints (as necessary).
• Partner with Compliance Officer, Operations Senior Vice President and/or Legal Counsel on all Corporate Escalations.
• Ensure timely, accurate and complete responses are provided to the customer.
• Monitor complaints received by third party service providers.
• Oversee, monitor and resolve Branch complaint escalations.
• Perform data analysis and metric reporting to illustrate trends and mitigate risk.
• Identify any global service issues that are revealed during the complaint and resolution process and provide recommendation for resolution.
• Compile volume statistics of Consumer Bank's customer service issues to Senior Management.
• Administer a consumer complaint monitoring program designed to detect complaint process weaknesses and promote fair outcomes for consumers who submit complaints by periodically evaluating the following:
o accuracy and consistency with which employees log instances of oral and written complaints.
• Provide monthly complaint reporting to CCE that includes a list of all categorized complaints along with relevant trending analysis.
• Attend and participate in Monthly Customer Complaint Group meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree from college or university preferred, or relative work experience
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Possess strong analytical skills, proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Must be able to work independently and handle multiple tasks/issues simultaneously
• Must be able to work well under pressure and with time constraints
• Must have strong time management skills