Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
Internal Audit Services at CIT is looking for an internal audit professional to join the Capital Planning (CCAR / DFAST) Audit team as a Vice President at our headquarters in Livingston, NJ. In this important and highly visible position, the individual will be responsible for performing internal audit engagements of the necessary frameworks, policies, standards and the end-to-end CCAR processes including execution of testing for all related areas. • Assist audit management in all aspects of audit activities including in-charging audit projects, performing annual risk assessments, audit planning, execution of audit testing, control evaluation, reporting, follow-up and verification / validation of closure of issues by management.
• Contribute, develop and perform continuous monitoring of key data elements and emerging trends with risk and control implications.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in written form with management and external auditors.
• Analyze root causes of issues identified during testing and make practical and innovative recommendations to management to improve the control environment as necessary.
• Partner with other audit teams within Internal Audit as needed.
• 3-4 years of experience in the Capital Planning (CCAR / DFAST) processes specifically with knowledge and / or experience surrounding the Capital Plan, Scenario Development, risk identification, FR Y-14A reporting, etc.. Experience in Internal audit required. • Financial Services experience with capital planning (CCAR / DFAST) processes.
• Banking industry experience such as Liquidity Risk Management/ Regulatory Reporting preferred.
• 4 year degree in accounting, finance or related discipline.
• Professional certification or advanced degree preferred (CPA, MBA, CIA, etc.).
• 10-15 years of experience in a public accounting firm and/or internal audit within the banking/financial services industry preferred.
• Strong planning and research skills required.
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills, the ability to interact with various levels of the organization.
• Effective organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt effectively in a changing environment.
• Ability to provide high quality deliverables while meeting deadlines.
• Limited travel may be required.