Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
This position will be accountable for product evaluations, project planning/management, and working collaboratively with other IT Engineering teams and business teams in support of Enterprise Backup initiatives. The Senior Backup Engineer will possess technical knowledge and skills to support the 24/7/365 enterprise backup environment, including, but not limited to troubleshooting, providing guidance to less senior team members and directing activities while assessing risks.
The Enterprise Backup Engineer is a critical role supporting engineering activities on CIT Enterprise Backup Infrastructure.
The Engineer will plan and implement upgrades. In addition the engineer is a key contributor to deliver new technology, development of roadmap and strategies to support.
• Veritas NetBackup engineering, design, planning, implementation
• Data Domain and Netbackup Appliance storage system management including hardware configuration, software configuration, replication, performance monitoring and reporting
• Storage software installation and configuration
• Backup infrastructure engineering and management
•Support Disaster Recovery data replication, host recovery, and backup infrastructure
In addition to required experience in Enterprise Backup engineering , the position requires technical knowledge and skills to support the environment.
• 5+ years backup infrastructure experience – Veritas NetBackup
• 5+ years storage/SAN hardware experience including arrays, SAN and replication hardware.
• 5+ years general IT experience – Open Systems
• Strong Project Management experience – PMP or an equivalent certification a plus
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong UNIX scripting skills
• Lead role in projects required.
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Services oriented and strong Customer focus
• Strong analytical skills
• Mainframe storage knowledge is a plus
• College degree preferably a BS with computer science