Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
CIT Real Estate Finance is currently seeking a Director - Originations/Underwriting who will:
– Assist in origination of new business.
– Oversee underwriting of commercial real estate loans including transitional and construction for multi-family, office, retail, industrial, and hotel properties.
– Oversee the completion of credit approval memos and submission for approval.
– Present transactions at credit committee.
– Manage transaction closing process including review of property due diligence and legal documentation.
– Bachelor’s degree required
– Proven ability to source new business
– Experience in loan origination, underwriting, and structuring
– Must posses strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present risks & mitigants of a transaction
– Must be an experienced professional with approximately 10+ years of experience in commercial real estate finance