Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
The Specialist is responsible for boarding and servicing loans in accordance with executed Docs and Approved RCA. The Specialist will be responsible for posting all transactions including Advances, Payments, Payoffs and all other Monetary activity.
• Ensures loan set-up and funds are posted and reconciled to the General Ledger. Responsible for initial input and/or daily call-back to insure accuracy.
• Review loan documents prior to boarding for completeness and accuracy. Confers with legal department and third parties as necessary.
• Performs all loan servicing duties to include payment processing, loan disbursements, loan system support, data updates, UCC filing maintenance, insurance maintenance, misc. loan covenants, call back of all entries and other duties as assigned.
• Processes Syndicated and Participated loan transactions and settles with other Banks on a daily basis. Reconciles transactions and clears outstanding wires promptly.
• Provides timely loan customer notifications of all types (e.g. regulatory and general) and acts as first line responder to all customer inquiries and elevating difficult issues to supervisor.
• Interfaces directly with Relationship Managers, Credit Analysts and customers to resolve loan servicing issues.
• Assists with required bank reporting documents (quarterly impairments, TFRs, etc) as requested. Provides support for bank audits as requested.
• 5+ years related experience with a commercial bank
• Knowledge of Commercial loan servicing systems such as Strategy, PCFS or LoanIQ is a plus
• Strong organizational, communication, attention to detail and quality control skills.
• Able to handle tight deadlines with competing priorities on a daily basis
• Strong knowledge of commercial real estate and mortgage loans with amortization and escrow impounds.