Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
The Client Onboarding team is seeking a Senior Analyst who has a strong background in KYC/ AML due diligence. The analyst will be responsible for conducting AML due diligence checks on prospective customers, vendors, etc. This role has the ability to transition in to a QA role so knowledge of QA process is desirable. • Demonstrated knowledge of the KYC/CDD and AML processes
• Attention to detail with the ability to work independently in an deadline driven regulatory environment • Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders (Compliance, Business Units, etc.)
• Be a change agent, team player, and have a can do attitude
• Strong process management skills with the ability to suggest improvements in the process
• Experience with reviewing/updating procedures to ensure adherence to requirements
• Operations knowledge of Actimize a plus
• Experience with watch list filtering (customer screening) and adverse news screening a plus • Prior experience with KYC QA (reviewing cases for completeness and adherence to the relevant procedures) a plus
The KYC analyst is responsible for supporting all the business lines within CIT with their customer onboarding process. The analyst will perform KYC reviews and ensure supporting docuemntation is complete. The Analyst must also be familiar (or have the abiility to quickly learn) Actimize, RDC, Lexis Nexis and other due diligence related systems.
• Perform client due diligence and KYC screening on new and existing customers for the various CIT business units
• Ensure all requests are supported with relevant documentation as prescribed in the Firm’s AML policy and procedure
• Guide the business units in preparing the KYC package and new onboarding requests
• Review and process watch list filtering and negative news alerts that are generated as part of customer onboarding
• Assist the team manager in work load balancing
• Actively participate and contribute to projects and other assigned tasks
• Work with different teams including business units leaders, compliance, and technology