Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
This position is responsible for maintaining a portfolio of commercial accounts. Primary responsibilities include developing customer relationships, obtaining general business information as well as financials and banking information. With this information and information obtained from external sources, make informed credit decisions that mitigate risk and protect the assets of CIT while servicing our clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare written reviews on Customer Credit Files relative to financial strengths and weaknesses of customers with opinions as to credit worthiness.
• Gather information for Customer Credit Files through inquiries and investigations with trade suppliers, financial institutions, professional firms or individuals.
• Establish and maintain a computerized Customer Credit Files.
• Spreading financial statements through the use of computerized financial software program and analyze reports produced by the system for preparation of written reviews and credit analysis.
• Analyze Customer Credits and highlight problems or questions.
• Assist the Collection Department in the collection of delinquent accounts.
• Follow the Corporate rules of Compliance as set forth by the Corporate Compliance Department.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field.
• Three years of credit or underwriting experience is desired
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong math aptitude, organizational and analytical skills
• Computer literate; fluency in Microsoft Office programs, Excel analysis required
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships both internally and externally.
• Strong problem-solving and follow-up skills with the ability to make decisions.