Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
The VP Rail Frontline Risk Management is a new position to further the CIT Rail business unit in assuming risk management responsibilities and reports directly to the SVP, Strategic Marketing who serves as the CIT Rail Frontline Risk Manager (FRM).
This role, in conjunction with Rail’s Frontline Risk Manager, centrally manages all of Rail’s risk activities, including ensuring Rail’s President and senior management team are aware of and working to mitigate both identified and emerging risks of the business. As a result, the VP, Frontline Risk Management will have exposure across the CIT Rail business, as well as with various Risk groups and other CIT Frontline Risk Managers across CIT Group.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to leverage keen business/market acumen and strong interpersonal skills with a risk orientation.
Overall, the successful candidate will monitor and assess all the risks inherent to the Rail business including the asset risks within the commodity markets it serves, and work with the Rail management team to mitigate these risks.
• Bachelor degree. MBA with a concentration in Finance, Strategy or Marketing is a plus
• Minimum 5 years of related experience in financial analysis, preferably in the financial services industry
• Experience in commodity/market analysis with knowledge in transportation leasing industry preferred
• Effective organizational skills, detail orientation and quality execution necessary
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to drive initiatives across functional groups of the organization
• Strong quantitative and qualitative skills required
• Team player with strong work ethic, integrity and initiative
• Knowledge of how to leverage information management tools and the ability to forge data access channels in and outside the organization
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven leadership ability, with record of accomplishment