Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
The Assistant Vice President, Junior Loan Underwriter will be responsible for underwriting small balance multifamily loans in the $1mm-$10mm. The position will have primary responsibility to ensures timely processing of loans under application.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Assist Director with preliminary sizing and evluation of potential loan opportunities
• Perform, as directed, underwriting and credit analysis of collateral and secondary sources of repayment
• Manage third-party due diligence including appraisal, engineering, environmental, seismic and credit reports. Review reports and identify underwriting risks and recommend solutions to mitigate unacceptable risks
• Work directly with borrowers to obtain required financial and collateral information as well as resolve underwriting issues
• Research and analyze market information utilizing Bank resources and market participants
• Prepare internal deal memos for credit review and approval
• Work with processors, loan closers and legal counsel to ensure parallel processing of loan underwriting and documentation
• Continually update pipeline status and notify management of any timing or credit issues
• Assist asset management as needed
• Develop collaborative working relationship with CIT internal personnel to ensure the delivery of excellence in customer service
• Proactively work to continue to improve underwriting and documentation processes
Minimum 3 years’ experience underwriting commercial real estate loans.
• Strong commercial real estate credit underwriting and risk analysis skills including the ability to perform a through credit analysis of borrower/sponsors. Formal credit training is a plus.
• Through knowledge of targeted multifamily markets including economic trends
• Ability to work in a collaborative, process driven environment with well-defined performance standards
• A proven understanding of the importance of balancing new business development and asset quality/risk management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experienced with bank policies and procedures including risk rating and Reg B compliance.
• Professional in standards, skills and manner of dealing with others.
• Experienced with Microsoft Office Products and CRM software.