Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
This role is an Assistant Vice President level position reporting to the Director of Analytics & Compliance Systems. The succesful candidate will tune, monitor and measure the success of the AML Suspicious Activity Monitoring, Watch List Filtering, Customer Due Diligence models including others within the mandate of the Compliance Management Systems group, and in conjunction with Information Technology, ensure their effective operation. The role is responsible for the various monitoring processes, taking ownership of compliance initiatives, driving innovation and best practices.
• Creating detailed plans regarding the scheduling of tuning and testing related to the production and pre-production monitoring rules within the AML monitoring system and list screening technology as well as analytics solutions systems, with specific emphasis on the Actimize platform.
• Utilizing visualization techniques to display data and the results of analysis in clear, straightforward presentations that can be understood by non-technical readers.
• Defining the tuning methodology/approach in a clear and concise manner to support the model optimization efforts.
• Playing a key role in communicating issues identified during the tuning/testing process to management and the IT programming/technical staff.
• Developing and maintaining all documentation, supporting rationale and analysis to support all enhancements ensuring a comprehensive audit trail is maintained.
• Assisting with the evaluation of monitoring and screening solutions and correcting errors to maintain systems following implementation.
• Planning and preparing technical reports, memoranda, and desktop procedures in order to document program development.
• Individually leading projects and successfully collaborating on larger projects.
• Execute the ongoing testing and model optimization strategy.
• Liaising with the Independent Model Validation group on model soundness reviews and model updates while ensuring adherence to industry best practices & regulatory guidance i.e. OCC SR 11-7
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Computer/Data Science, Mathematics or related quantitative field, with a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in complex data analysis.
• Solid foundation in statistical techniques and methodologies (logistic regression, k-means, clustering etc).
• Statistical software experience such as SAS, Python, R, Matlab as well as SQL data mining.
• Expert MS Excel and visusalization (Tableau etc) skills.
• Concise and thorough written and verbal communication skills
• Superior analytic and project management abilities specific to technology implementations, enhancements and control management.
• Intrinsically detail oriented and fundamentally interested in the “why” and “how”.
• Ability to: multitask, adapt to shifting priorities, thrive within a small-group environment and maintain a collaborative mindset.
• Authoring detailed reports from output from various complex source systems for communication to senior management.
• Experience developing detailed procedures and documenting complex processes.
• Financial services industry (retail banking, small business banking, commercial, institutional, private banking) experience desireable.