Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
The Financial Analyst Program offers a highly experiential, challenging career opportunity with exposure to the firm’s businesses and senior management. Analysts have a unique opportunity to contribute in all facets of transaction generation and execution.
• Analyze financial statements and detailed financial information to build models for companies
• Prepare marketing documents including pitches, lenders presentations, confidential information memoranda, rating agency presentations and teasers
• Conduct comprehensive company and industry research
• Assist in authoring and coordinating committee documents
• Help manage internal deal processes which include performing business, financial and legal diligence, and educating internal risk and control groups.
• Maintain a pulse on financial markets and create leveraged loan market documents which examine topical issues and recent deal launches
• Construct comparable enterprise value and leveraged loan analyses to evaluate deal structures and pricing
Please indicate in your cover letter your top three business choices (in order of preference).
COMMERCIAL FINANCE BUSINESS SEGMENT
This business segment originates, structures and executes bank loan and bridge financings for corporate clients and financial sponsors. Typical transactions include leveraged buyouts, re-financings, recapitalizations, and restructurings. The group advises financial sponsors and below-investment grade corporate, providing capital structure advice and committed capital in support of strategic transactions. The group is aligned by industry and works closely with many areas across the firm.
Analysts will have the opportunity to work with teams that offer diverse financing solutions that provide for: Working Capital, Growth Capital, LBO Financing, Acquisition Financing, Debt Refinancing, Recapitalizations, Turnarounds, Restructurings, Debtor-in-Possession Financing, and Confirmation Plan Financing.
For more information: https://www.cit.com/commercial-finance/
Open positions within Commercial Finance:
• Aerospace & Defense provides comprehensive transportation financing solutions to manufacturers, suppliers and service providers in aerospace, defense, and homeland security industries.
• Capital Markets structures, prices and distributes all financial products originated by CIT. The group raises capital for clients and manages the distribution process of loans and other debt and equity products to investors.
• Commercial & Industrial delivers a broad range of innovative, cost effective debt solutions to middle market companies in all stages of the business cycle.
• Communications, Media & Entertainment provides corporate financing for development, expansion, equipment and strategic acquisitions for clients in telecommunications, film, entertainment, media and more.
• Energy provides value-added financing products and financial structuring advice to higher growth, entrepreneurial companies throughout the energy and power sector.
• Healthcare provides financing solutions and related advisory services to hospitals and health systems, outpatient service providers, homecare and hospice companies, pharmaceutical and medical technology companies.
• Maritime provides financial solutions including vessel acquisition financing, sale/leasebacks, and debt refinancing for companies from all major segments of the marine industry, including deep ocean, offshore, coastal, and inland waterways.
• Sponsor Finance provides cash flow and asset based senior debt for private equity backed transactions in the middle market throughout the United States and Canada.
• Syndicated Loan Group sources and underwrites loan participations in Broadly Syndicated Loan transactions arranged by investment banks, commercial banks, and finance companies. SLG manages a well-diversified portfolio of senior secured bank loans across a variety of industries, including Healthcare, Communications & Technology, Media & Entertainment, and Commercial & Industrial.
Successful candidates possess:
• Bachelor’s degree required, with a major/concentration in finance, accounting, or economics preferred
• Internship experience in analytical roles in financial services required
• Outstanding academic achievement – minimum GPA 3.3