Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
Provide advice and counsel to the BHC and Bank on consumer and bank regulatory matters, including laws & regulations, interaction with regulators, and preparing regulatory filings and applications, support the consumer and retail bank, and support the Sourcing Department on vendor contracts.
• Provide advice and counsel to internal clients and management regarding regulatory compliance related to the consumer and retail bank, including bank regulatory, consumer regulatory (UDAP, etc.), and general regulatory.
• Provide transactional legal support in connection with acquisitions and dispositions of mortgage loan portfolios, including reviewing, negotiating and preparing purchase and sale agreements, correspondent and co-issue agreements, servicing agreements, and related transactional documents.
• Interact with regulators and examiners, including with the OCC, FRB-NY, CFPB, and FDIC on regulatory issues.
• Manage outside counsel on regulatory issues and develop sufficient in-house expertise to reduce the reliance on outside counsel.
• Track and report on new legislation and developments in state and federal banking legislation and regulation, industry best practices, and trends.
• Respond to day-to-day policy issues raised within the organization and provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution.
Provide advice and support to Sourcing Department on vendor contracts, including software licenses, outsourcing agreements, and consulting agreements.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience
• Admitted to practice in California.
• Knowledge of bank regulatory, consumer lending, and CFPB laws and regulations.
• Experience with mortgage loan acquisition and disposition transactions preferred..
• Experience with large regional commercial banks preferred.
• Experience working with federal and state regulators.
• Experience working directly with internal clients, including senior management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex legal information to a diverse audience.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with both legal and business colleagues.
• Strong problem-solving skills, ability to make timely sound decisions and manage multiple projects.
• Successful applicant must possess highest level of integrity, initiative, and resilience.