Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
This position is to support the A/P team in handling (1) all accounts payable activities including the processing of invoices and payments to vendors, and reconciling accounts, and (2) general accounting activities such as the processing of journal entries, administration of the capital process and performance of ad hoc reporting as requested.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Processing invoices, checks and wires for payments in accordance with Accounts Payable policies and procedures. This requires a detailed knowledge of debits and credits as well as the structure of the general ledger.
• Responding to vendor inquiries, researching and resolving payment issues in a timely manner.
• Assisting in reconciling bank accounts, general ledger accounts, and preparing related journal entries.
• Updating and maintaining procedures documentation related to the accounts payable process for audit.
• Other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• One (1) + years of experience preferred in an accounting or finance-related position
• Understanding of GAAP and SOX internal control requirements related to accounts payable process, lease accounting, and capital additions and improvements.
• Analytical ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment on significant decisions and ability to communicate findings to management
• Ability to prepare and maintain complex transactional financial analysis in Excel, including knowledge of pivot tables and advanced formulas (vlookup, sumif, etc.).
• Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced organization
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels in the organization.