Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
Our ability to provide capital to small- to medium-sized businesses with speed, simplicity, competitive pricing, stable funding, and the trust of a bank partner is a true differentiator in the SMB lending space. As an Enterprise Business Development Manager, you will play a lead role in our efforts to distribute those unique capabilities by establishing partnerships with enterprise-level B2B product and service partners.
Essential Job Functions:
• Identify strategic verticals that align with our current product offerings and optimize existing models to weight and scale verticals to size market opportunity
• Identify top vertical B2B product and service providers within each vertical and optimize existing models to weight and scale prospects to drive prospecting prioritization
• Identify and communicate effectively with Executive Level decision makers at prospect companies.
• Prospect, acquire, and onboard top ranked enterprise-level B2B product and service partners
• Maintain weekly KPIs necessary to achieve monthly targets and long-term success of channel
• Provide weekly updates in standardized format to senior level executives
• Work closely with the Partner and our internal strategic account management team to ensure account retention and to achieve revenue goals with each partner. This will include performing annual account plans and quarterly business reviews with partners.
• Work with marketing to optimize pitch decks, successful launch kits, and superior onboard/training programs.
• Work with marketing to develop strategic plans to optimize penetration of desired verticals and associated prospects.
• Maintain a strong awareness on key industry trends and become a subject matter expert when engaging with partners.
• Work closely with the sales and marketing team in forecasting pipeline growth, sales activity and revenue achievements.
• Undergraduate degree in commerce, finance, economics, marketing from an accredited institution.
• 8+ years of business development and B2B sales experience, with prior work and network in Financial Services (funding advisors, mortgage/loan working capital brokers, credit unions, insurance agencies, accounting firms, leasing, factoring, merchant processing, payroll services, etc.) required.
• Ideal Candidate will have an existing book of business and network.
• Strong knowledge of small business lending.
• Demonstrated accomplishments in creating new business opportunities and driving revenue from both cold and warm leads.
• Relationships and experience in selling through multiple vertical markets is strongly preferred.
• Outstanding relationship builder: strong sales skills and strong influencing and negotiating skills
• Self-starter who is comfortable developing own success.
• Enjoys change and is flexible to the needs of the business as it grows, and in return is provided with an opportunity to grow and progress.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written as well as verbal) and ability to interact with senior leadership, C-level management/customers.
• Works well under pressure with the ability to manage and drive multiple priorities.
• Prior use of Salesforce is a plus but is not mandatory.