Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
• Remain strategical, tactical and program oriented, in that order.
• Work with Directors, VPs, and Managers to development strategic partners for referencing, credibility and alliances.
• Help facilitate and manage third-party relationships.
• Ensure the product is competitive, complete, clean and timely.
• Responsible for creating annual or biannual strategic and tactical marketing plan.
• Ensure ongoing research & information sharing are conducted.
• Conduct and analyze market research to determine risk and marketability of potential products and product features. Supply information to appropriate personnel.
• Responsible for competitive analysis, strategies and tactics.
• Measure effectiveness of the marketing department and implement improvements.
• Determine market needs and generate product requirements and definition for development.
• Responsible for the product(s) pricing, name, positioning, packaging, and definition.
• Work to ensure production of appropriate box, collateral, sales, educational and merchandising materials.
Management & Training
• Manage and train existing and new marketing staff.
• Ensure timely and effective execution of the marketing tactics and programs.
• Create and maintain annual marketing budget.
• Lead and manage the following responsibilities and/or departments:
1) Direct Marketing
4) Online Marketing (web site)
5) Product Management
6) Channel Marketing
7) Event Marketing (trade shows)
8) Creative Services
• Ensure a consistent, fair and situational management style exists throughout the department.
• Generate a monthly summary report and comprehensive quarterly and annual marketing report.
PR & Image
• Work with PR/External Communications team to ensure the proper amount and type of coverage to raise awareness, win reviews and ensure consistent corporate and product branding and image.
• Help manage investor relations when applicable.
• Work with Ad Manager, Digital team, and/or agency to create the media schedule, negotiate the rates, prepare the deliverables and execute. Follow-up and measure the advertising campaign using print and online methods.
Strategic Partnering & Alliances
• Participate in creating strategic partnerships, alliances and bundles that ensures CIT / Direct Capital is highly visible and properly positioned and referenced.
• Maintain complete direct sales support.
• Ensure we have substantial qualified leads for direct sales. These can be gathered through direct mail campaigns, trade shows, the Web site, and qualified list acquisition.
• Maintain complete sales material support for Indirect Channel Sales–both retail and VAR accounts.
• Develop direct marketing programs to resellers to ensure appropriate stocking levels.
• Work with Trade Show and Event Management to ensure proper representation at industry events.
• Help initiate a customer service and online lead generation program to support the resellers.
• Develop effective channel marketing & merchandising program including: training & education, promotions, pop, distributor and reseller relations.
• Ensure a professional, inviting Web site employing the latest technology to encourage initial and repeat visits. Develop an online store to take orders for new products, upgrades and add-ons directly.
• Help initiate and execute an entire online strategical marketing plan to make the most of this important new medium.
• Work with the Brand and Creative Services team to ensure a consistent look and feel among all collateral materials. Aid in the design of the box, sell sheets, product slicks, POP, folders, trade show graphics, and all other corporate imaging.
The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for the strategy, tactics and programs to create interest, demand and recognition for Direct Capital and its products through the use of PR, Product Marketing, Creative Services, Advertising, Strategic Relationships, Direct, Event, Channel and Online Marketing.
In addition, to ensure the product is demand driven, the Vice President of Marketing works with Direct Capital Product Marketing, Management, and cross functional CIT Marketing teams to ensure the right mix of awareness, positioning and marketing.
This position is also responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training, and managing all marketing functions to achieve the division objective of sales, growth, profits, and visibility while ensuring a consistent marketing message and positioning on a worldwide basis consistent with the corporate direction