Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit cit.com.
This individual will be responsible for supporting senior team members in the underwriting as well as portfolio management of asset based (ABL) and cash flow transactions, and assisting with the preparation of presentations and reports for regulatory and internal informational purposes
• Primary function as support for business leaders in evaluating transactions, conducting market analysis and portfolio management. This includes cash flow modeling, credit analysis, documentation, etc.
• Execute under the supervision of a Senior Underwriter all aspects of a financing, including financial modeling (primarily for leveraged buyouts), due diligence process, credit analysis, credit approval process, drafting of financing proposals
• Will also play important role in executing and closing of transactions.
• Maintain familiarity with CIT policies, procedures, and underwriting standards
• Business unit ad-hoc projects
Minimum Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in finance, business or accounting preferred.
• Completion of a formal credit training program is desired but not required
• Working knowledge of accounting and finance, some level of financial modeling proficiency as well as experience in working in a team-oriented environment.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; team player.
• Self-motivated with high energy levels; ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
• 1 to 3 years of experience with significant related experience in either credit analysis or in covering the industries on which the C&I team focuses.
• The successful candidate should also possess an inquisitive nature, strong writing and communication skills, and a willingness to work flexible hours when needed
• Strong working knowledge of MS-Excel and MS-Word are also required.