Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
The successful candidate will conduct investigations on actual and suspected cases of fraud and other related financial crimes in compliance with investigative protocols. The Investigator performs research on fraudulent activities conducted through CIT’s products and services. The fraudulent activities are analyzed through the use of various CIT operating systems, databases, and unusual transaction reports generated by the businesses and support areas. The Investigator will make a determination if the activity warrants the completion of a Suspicious Activity Report and/or filing of other regulatory or police reports.
• Investigate suspected, alleged or known fraud using both internal and external resources
• Compile the necessary investigative documentation, contacting internal and external parties, and conduct interviews as necessary to complete investigations
• Ensure that complete, accurate, and timely SARs are submitted for filing with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and ensure 90 day reviews and submissions for filing are completed within documented guidelines
• Prepare and present findings for management (or designee’s) review
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• CFE credentials a plus
• 3+ years in an investigative role in a regulated financial institution
• Strong knowledge of Fraud scenarios
• Must have experience completing SARs and drafting SAR narratives
• Effective communications skills, including excellent writing and oral communications ability.
• Demonstrated ability to focus on details and execute daily tasks independently and effectively.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Team player willing to accept challenges large and small and meet them under time pressure.
• Experience in a Bank or Bank Holding Company environment a plus
• Actimize Compliance Suite experience preferred.
• Ability to work with a Bi-Coastal Management Team